Prepare for State-wide Lobby Day:
Schedule Your Meetings Early!
It's important to schedule your meetings with legislators prior to Lobby Day (March 22) to ensure that you have the opportunity to explain to them who you are and the value of community nonprofits!
We ask all members to call your legislators on March 15-16 to schedule a meeting on Lobby Day:
- Look up your legislator (scroll to the bottom): http://ctnonprofitalliance.org/contact-your-legislator/
- Call the appropriate office to schedule your meeting on March 22. If the legislator is not available that day, still schedule a meeting with their legislative staff.
- House Democrats: (860) 240-8500
- House Republicans: (860) 240-8700
- Senate Democrats: (860) 240-8600
- Senate Republicans: (860) 240-8800
ABOUT LOBBY DAY
The Alliance, along with our partners, is organizing a state-wide lobby day at the Legislative Office Building on Wednesday, March 22nd from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. RSVP to Jeff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is our day to rally families, advocates, staff and board members to tell policymakers to protect essential community programs. This is the time to demonstrate our strength through numbers!
Our message to policymakers is clear: either continue with business as usual and cut vital community services or shift services into the community to save the state $1.24 billion over the next five years, ensuring more individuals in need can be served and more resources can be re-invested into the entire human services delivery system. The choice is that simple.
We look forward to advocating alongside you on March 22!
Do you like this post?