Organization: Connecticut Association for Human Services
Title: Financial Empowerment Center Program Manager
Employment Status: Full-Time
Reports to: Program Director
The Financial Empowerment Center program aims to improve the financial stability of New Haven City households by providing high-quality, one-on-one financial education and counseling to low-income residents. Empowerment Centers are located in areas with high concentrations of poverty and financial distress. The Program Manager position will report directly to the Program Director at Connecticut Association for Human Services. (CAHS)
Our mission is to end poverty and engage, equip and empower all families in Connecticut to build a secure future.
Why work here:
If you are passionate about working toward a Connecticut where all children and families thrive, regardless of income, and where the experiences of low-income residents inform policies and programs that ensure Connecticut’s prosperity, then you will want to work at CAHS.
Duties shall include, but are not limited to:
- Support the programmatic design and implementation of the initiative;
- Act as the principal liaison between CAHS and referral partners and hosts;
- Work with partners to problem-solve operational issues, including programmatic integration with host sites and referral relationships with other City agencies;
- Support the marketing, outreach and strategic referrals of clients to the Centers;
- Oversee organization’s implementation of client management and database system;
- Ensure that data collected within the client management and database system is complete and accurate;
- Collect, aggregate, and prepare any programming reports to the Mayor’s Office, funders, partners, etc.
- Supervise the Financial Counselors at the Centers;
- Ensure that Centers are compliant with program protocols, outcomes and other requirements;
- Report regularly to the CAHS internal project management team;
- Participate in regular calls and semi-annual reviews with City and Funders;
- Successfully complete and pass the credit-bearing course, a graded 45 hour (minimum) counselor training developed by The Financial Clinic;
- Assist in the development and implementation of a sustainability plan.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties described above;
- Masters degree and two years experience in managing the operations of projects preferred;
- Dynamic committed individual with strong interpersonal skills and a passion for supporting people with low incomes to build greater financial stability;
- Experience in financial education, asset building, or community development preferred;
- Strong skills in: strategic planning, program development, negotiations, and written communications;
- Strategic thinking: thoughtful, thorough, and detailed follow through;
- Systems development and tracking;
- Comfortable with taking initiative; effective collaborative worker; retaining focus yet able to multi-task;
- Ability to function effectively within protocols and challenges of operating within a high-profile city program;
- Attention to detail and production of quality work, along with ability to work quickly and under pressure.
- Experience with large datasets and data management preferred.
Compensation & Benefits:
$40,000 annual salary and benefits, including health and dental insurance, mileage reimbursement, retirement plan, life insurance.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, current resume to email@example.com- No Calls please
CAHS is based in Hartford, Connecticut. This position is based in New Haven, at the Financial Empowerment Center.