Title: Communications Intern
Reports to: CEO, Policy Manager, Program Director
Start Date: Position available until filled, to last Academic Term or summer
Hours: 15–25 hours per week, between the hours of 9am –5pm
Compensation: This is an UNPAID Internship, but CAHS is willing to work with academic institutions to support credit-bearing internships
CAHS is looking for an enthusiastic intern who is eager to assist with various aspects of social media management, communications, and fundraising marketing. Communications interns will assist, develop, and execute social media and traditional media campaigns for various projects for the organization’s policy and program work. Communications interns will play an active and integral role in updating our network and stakeholders on CAHS’s work, garnering support and action for policy advocacy, leveraging social media for fundraising, and refining CAHS’s social media strategy and website presence.
This internship is a very exciting opportunity for anyone interested in communications, Connecticut state policy, and nonprofit policy, advocacy, and program work. We value our interns and the contributions and creativity they can bring to our organization.
- Build follower base and expand CAHS’s presence and awareness on social media networks
- Actively communicate with and engage supporters via social media tools and communications platforms
- Post, edit, and monitor the CAHS Twitter and Facebook platforms
- Create regular content for blog posts, newsletters, and other marketing communication materials
- Ensure social media strategy is carried out in parallel with marketing, policy and program goals
- Assist in creating structured marketing communications plans and strategies
- Identify new trends in social media and plan for implementation
- Track, monitor, and analyze social media effectiveness and make corrective modifications as needed
- Promoting fundraising activities through social media advertising
- Other administrative and research duties as needed.
- Motivated and willing to learn
- Strong writing, organizational and communication skills, ability to write daily and under deadlines
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Experience with social media
- Familiarity with a variety of social media tools, database management, and web publishing software
Please send a current resume to Amanda Onochie CNP, firstname.lastname@example.org.