Important Information During This Crisis
Updated: 6 days ago
This is the one place for documents to live related to Early Childhood Advocacy, the Childcare System, Employee and Employer Information, and Federal and State Advocacy. These files will be updated as new events and files become available. Please check the CT Office of Early Childhood Website for the most current information.
News Articles or Websites of Interest:
- IRS launch new tool to help non-filers register for Economic Impact Payments
- IRS lanzan nueva herramienta para ayudar a los que no presentan impuestos a inscribirse para pagos de impacto económico
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- La Ley Familias Primero de Respuesta al Coronavirus
- Stimulus Check: Do I Qualify?
- Social Security Online: Safe, Timely & Convenient
- COVID-19 OEC Memo 13: Funding for Fiscal Year for State-Funded Programs and Vouchers
Info on CARES Act from National Women's Law Center
(Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act)
- Emergency Funding Resources Child Care Providers Can Use Now
- Head Start Guidance Links for Unemployment, Payments, etc..
- Details on Child Care Relief in the COVID-19 Economic Stimulus Bills
- Child Care Aware interactive map of child care needs for essential workers
- Congress Supports the Child Care Market through COVID-19
- Brief on Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, or the CARES Act
- Small Business PPP Overview
- What Is the CARES Act Paycheck Protection Program and Are You Eligible?
US Treasury Department: Definitive Source of Info on Paycheck Protection Plan
Small Business Associations Loans Webinar and SBA Documents
- Coronavirus Briefing 3/17/20
- SBA Disaster Assistance Handout
- Link to SBA Disaster Assistance Loan Application
- Navigating Your Business Through COVID-19
- CORONAVIRUS EMERGENCY LOANS Small Business Guide and Checklist
- The Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act
- Paycheck Protection Program FAQ for Small Businesses
- SBA Loan Application Checklist
- Is Your Bank an SBA Lender?
COVID-19 Relief SBA Loans and Programs Overview
2020 Webinar on Unemployment Law and Unemployment Documents
- Webinar Audio Recording Available Here (Listen only)
- Webinar Video Recording (start at the 25 minute mark)
- Recovery Bridge Emergency Relief Funds for Small Businesses & Nonprofits Available Now
- Small Business Owner's Guide to the CARES Act
- Department of Labor Links of Interest: Unemployment, etc..
Unemployment Insurance Provisions
2020 Advocacy Day Documents
- Advocacy Zoom Video call: this is a running 3 times per week check in call for anyone wanting to work on early childhood advocacy during the crisis. It will be every M, W, F at 9:30 am for the time being.
- Webinar Recording Available Here
- Document of questions and answers that were generated from the webinar. This list of questions will be updated as answers become available. Note: WE DON"T KNOW EVERYTHING!
Take this survey to share your story, your needs, and your ideas. We will send these stories to our federal and state delegations.
Public & Online Events:
- Wednesday, April 1 from 3:00pm-4:00pm EST: EARN (Economic Analysis and Research Network) – will be hosting a webinar on the Unemployment Insurance provisions in the federal relief bills, with speakers from the National Employment Law Project and The Century Foundation. Register on Zoom here for that webinar.
- Need an overview sooner? Check out National Employment Law Project’s Unemployment Insurance fact sheet which lays out the three new UI programs, “short-time compensation” and benefits for workers without any or enough work.
- FDIC’s Receiving Economic Impact Payment Page: https://www.fdic.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments/index.html