Position: CT Money School Intern
Available: Academic Year (Fall, Spring or Summer Semesters)
Reports to: CT Money School Program Manager
The CT Money School Intern will support the CT Money School project, a CAHS initiative, which recruits, trains and dispatches volunteer professionals into the community to provide free financial education to low to moderate income adults and seniors. More information about the project can be found at www.cahs.org. In addition, the Intern will carry forth duties as described below to support the VITA program which helps people prepare income tax returns.
- Preparation of print material and class schedules used to publish quarterly newsletter; mail-merge functions and distribution
- Assist with evaluation component of the CT Money School program
- Outreach to CT Money School participants in order to improve the program and ensure access to financial education classes
- Social media posts, blogs, updates
- Research recent news and policy updates around financial education
- Provide assistance with special events and resource fairs
- Strong written & verbal communication, comfortable with computers and Microsoft Office suite, strong attention to detail, some post-high school work, bilingual preferred
- Flexible, well-organized, reliable, outgoing, comfortable working with diverse populations, able to work well independently and take initiative
- Experience with issues (especially financial) facing low-income people (either through personal experience, work or education) helpful but not required
Please send a resume.
Contact Information: Amanda Onochie CNP, email@example.com